Less oil is more healthy. Isn’t it? Presenting Air Fryer, a healthy alternative to fried food. An Air Fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food using the convection mechanism.
An air fryer is one of the most essential home appliances in our kitchen today. Basically, traditional frying is done by submerging foods in hot oil. However, the modern-day Air Fryer uses up to 80% less oil.
A mechanical fan circulates the hot air around the food at high speed, cooking the food thoroughly and producing a crispy layer.
Here is our list of the best air fryer for some of the most delicious dishes and amazing experiences in the comfort of your home and kitchen.
Best Air fryer India
This 2.2 Litre Air Fryer from Phillips is built with a unique design to cook your food with minimal to no oil. With amazing features, this Phillips Air Fryer is one of the best choices in the market today.
- Apt for frying, grilling, roasting, and baking.
- The unique Rapid Air technology enables you to fry, bake, roast, and grill with less fat than a conventional fryer.
- It is easy to clean, safe, and economical for your daily use.
- Large cooking capacity for all your favorite recipes.
- Its integrated timer allows you to pre-set cooking times of up to 30 minutes.
- The auto-off function includes a “ready” sound indicator.
- The fully adjustable temperature control allows you to pre-set the best cooking temperature for your food up to 200 degrees.
- The removable nonstick coated drawer and the food basket are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- Philips Airfryer with Rapid Air Technology saves you and your home from the smell of fried oil compared to a regular fryer.
This elegant appliance from Prestige comes with a 2.2-liter capacity to make some of the best low fat and fried food in your kitchen.
- This air fryer can perform various operations like fry, grill, roast, bake and more.
- High-quality non-stick coating, allows hot air to circulate rapidly, such that the food is cooked evenly and faster with less oil.
- It comes with temperature and timer rotary control which helps to set a timer for up to 30 minutes and temperature from 100 to 200 degrees.
- It comes with a safety switch that automatically shuts off the air fryer if the basket is pulled out during the cooking process and starts from the same point when it is inserted back, thus making it safe and user-friendly.
- The removable frying basket is easy-to-clean and maintain.
- It is aesthetically designed with oil and smoke filter which makes your kitchen free from odor by absorbing excess oil and smoke.
This Philips Air Fryer from the Viva Collection with its revolutionary “Rapid Air Technology” is one of the best offerings in the market. With a capacity of 800 grams, It is perfect for a couple or a small family of 3 to 4 people.
Moreover, with the combination of fast circulating superheated air, starfish design and optimal heating you can cook delicious meals in a fast, easy and healthier way.
- Using Rapid Air technology, the Airfryer circulates hot air around a metal mesh cooking basket. It avoids the spread of fried oil smell after cooking and much more.
- The integrated timer allows you to pre-set cooking times of up to 30 minutes.
- The auto-off function includes a “ready” sound indicator.
- The adjustable temperature control allows you to pre-set the best cooking temperature for your food up to 390 Fahrenheit.
- With the Rapid air technology, you can now grill, bake and even roast.
- Facilitates easy clean up of accessories and parts as they are dishwasher safe.
From the house of Havells comes this air fryer, which has been precisely designed for this task. With rapid air technology, this product from Havells can cook less oily food compared to the other deep-fried counterparts.
- Equipped with amazing rapid air technology which enables us to fry, bake, toast, roast, grill, and reheat the food with hot air.
- With a capacity of 4 liters, you can make an ample amount of fried, roasted or grilled food in this air fryer and makes this a utilitarian choice for a homemaker.
- The design is precise. So that it has space in between the body of the appliance and the handle
- The sleek design not only makes it compact and user-friendly but also adds to the decor of the kitchen.
- It comes with an air filtration system that helps in cleaning this appliance with ease.
- With the auto On and Off timer, you can now cook for the exact time that you wanted it cooked for.
This Air Fryer from American Micronic is an Imported model available in India from online markets like Amazon.in.
With its Turbo Tunnel Fresh air technology and a nonstick frying basket it also offers a home pick up and drops in case of any warranty and repairs.
- TurboTunnel Fresh air technology with Non-stick frying basket.
- 50% Bigger, 38% faster, 27% more energy efficient than the first generation fryer.
- 5-year free replacement of electrical parts ie: heating element, timer, thermostat & motor on payment of nominal courier charge.
- This Air Fryer can also grill, roast, and even bake your food.
- The adjustable temperature allows you to choose the optimal temperature required for frying, baking, roasting or any other cooking operations.
- 30 Minutes Timer with adjustable temperature control for the perfect result.
- The built-in timer function helps you by managing the cooking time accurately. It has an adjustable timer from 0 to 30 minutes.
- This air fryer comes equipped with a stay-cool handle which is insulated against heat and electricity.
This elegantly built Oxy Fryer from a reliable brand – Kenstar comes in an amazing 3-liter capacity. This Air-fryer is ideally used for frying, grilling, baking, and even roasting.
Besides the integrated preset function, it also comes with the temperature and timer control for crispy and perfect cooking. The 3 liter capacity of this oxy fryer is perfect for 5-6 people.
- Use this air fryer for grilling, baking, frying and even roasting.
- A 1.2-meter long power cord allows you to place the Oxy Fryer on your kitchen counter.
- With a capacity of 3 liters, you can also cook various dishes either for a small family gathering or a large get together.
- They have been quite brilliantly designed to satisfy all needs with ease.
- The Oxy fryer comes with an easily removable food tray for your convenience
- Kenstar has incorporated a timer into this Oxy fryer. As a result, you can set the timer for up to 30 minutes.
- The auto power cut feature turns off the power supply once the set time has been completed.
- The Oxy fryer has been designed with a temperature setting knob that allows you to set the temperature between 80 degrees and 200 degrees.
This air fryer from Inalsa, is great value for money and works perfectly with small, big and large families. You can also cook snacks and side dishes for a party. Inalsa has a good service network, making it easy and simple for maintaining. With a powerful motor, it can cook food fast and crispy.
- With the cool touch handle and quick-release button, you can easily detach your basket from the air-fryer for easy cleaning and quick serving purposes.
- The 2.9 L Food Basket and 4.2 L Cooking Pan capacity facilitates cooking for large families and almost any occasion.
- As a safety precaution, the appliance switches off itself on basket removal and with the Over-heat protection, you can now protect against sudden overloads.
- Finally, with the intelligent knob, you can adjust timer and temperature according to your cooking needs. It is super easy to use even while your hands are dirty from cooking.
Pigeon is known for making sophisticated and user-friendly appliances according to the consumers’ preferences. Furthermore, the super Air fryer from Pigeon is one of the bestsellers they have to offer.
However, powered with a 3.2-liter food basket, it is perfect for big families with 6 to 7 people. Also used for frying, baking, grilling, and roasting a lot of food items.
- The powerful air distribution technology in the first place ensures even cooking and gives your food an incredible taste without the guilt of using excessive oil.
- Including a fast performance and quick preheating feature, it subsequently enables you to prepare snacks for your guests quickly.
- As a result of the temperature setting ranging between 80* and 200* you can cook a range of food items easily.
- Once your cooking timer ends, the appliance is switched off as a safety measure.
- Finally, a compact smooth package that makes it attractive and handy to move wherever you want.
SToK is an Indian brand with budget friendly home and kitchen appliances. This multipurpose appliance can fry, roast, bake, steam and grill like no other counterpart. Also, with a temperature set ranging between 80* and 200* is very helpful to make almost every Indian recipe easily.
- Firstly, with the 3D uniform heating technology, you can roast, air fry, bake, steam, saute, and grill with ease.
- The accessories are made of non-sticky materials and are dishwasher safe. Eventually making it easy for cleaning and maintaining.
- To avoid accidental removal of the basket you have a button guard.
- The ergonomically designed appliance helps facilitate air circulation for evenly distributed heat.
- Priced low as the product is completely developed and made in India.
Firstly, Glen has a history of developing innovative kitchen and home appliances. Being an Indian brand, it has developed its appliances for cooking Indian dishes also. This appliance can help you in frying, baking, grilling & roasting conveniently. Besides, it is backed by extensive research and state-of-the-art manufacturing plants in India.
- With an adjustable temperature and timer, you can cook to your content.
- As a result of the cool touch handle, you have a better grip over the appliance.
- Unlike any other Air fryer in the market today, this appliance comes with the option of a steamer as well.
- Furthermore, the stainless steel coil results in rapid heating.
- The 2.8-liter Teflon coated food basket makes it ideal for most Indian households coupled with an easily removable disc, slotted plate & grill plate for easy cleaning as well.
In short, this air fryer from Krutan is quick, economical and user friendly. This air fryer features Rapid air technology, which cooks your food with uniformity besides using very less to no oil. You can use this appliance for air frying, baking and grilling.
- When the basket is made up of Stainless Steel along with Non-Stick Coating, you need not worry about the food sticking to the appliance.
- The inbuilt Air filter prevent bad odor from spreading in your kitchen and home.
- Adjust the timer up to 30 minutes and the temperature between 80* and 200* to cook any delicious dishes easily.
- All the parts are dishwasher safe, making the cleaning process easier and simple.
- The body of the appliance is designed to be corrosion-free and shock-resistant.
Air Fryer – Buying Guide
We have listed out the best Air fryer available in the market. Similarly, let us now look at a few important aspects to consider while buying this amazing appliance.
What is an Air Fryer?
Firstly, an air fryer is a product patented by Philips Electronics Company. This handy appliance claims to mimic the results of deep-frying with nothing more than hot air and a tiny amount of oil.
An Air fryer is similar to an oven (in the sense that it bakes and roasts). To begin with, the major difference is the heating element which is only located on the top and accompanied by a large, powerful fan. this results in food that’s super crispy in no time and, most importantly, with less oil than the deep-fried counterparts.
It is a compact appliance that uses convection heating to circulate air around your food. The food is held inside in a basket and a fan rapidly moves air around the food. This surrounds it in a similar way to food submerged in hot oil in a deep fryer. In the end, it works well to give food that crispy, fried texture without a lot of additional fat. Air fryers use little to no oil to get the same effect as traditional deep frying.
Different types of air fryer
Though every air fryer has the same working principle, the various types have a different approach. The air fryers generally categorized into 2 major categories,
Paddle type Air Fryers
The paddle type is considered to be the original Air fryer. It comes with a rotating paddle/pan which is “self-tending” and turns or stirs the foods while the heat generated cooks the food. The Paddle/pan is very easily accessible and you can use it to cook any grilled dish also.
This type of air fryer requires very little to no attention during the cooking process.
Basket type Air Fryers
This type of Air fryers is very popular in the market. The Input tray is like a basket and basic features include a display screen, preset options, temperature setting option, and it is considered to be the best choice for any household. Besides, there are ample amount of accessories available for this appliance.
However, this type of Air fryer might require intervention multiple times while cooking.
Air Fryer Ovens
This type of Air fryer is considered to be a multipurpose appliance and is also known as the “Countertop Oven”. Unlike using pan or basket for frying food ingredients, the Air fryer oven contains horizontal racks (similar to traditional oven).
One benefit of having horizontal racks is that you can cook multiple dishes at the same time. This type of Air fryer comes with additional accessories such as small baking dishes, kabab skewers, rotisserie, and much more.
Halogen Type Air Fryers
This type is very different from all the others. They generally come in large size only. It is also considered very similar to the convection Microwave ovens.
However, halogen air fryers use halogen bulbs as the heating source. The heat emitted is then circulated around the food ingredients using a fan.
How does an Air fryer Work?
Air fryers are basically a square or egg-shaped device, about the size of a coffeemaker, that sits on your countertop. You put the food you want to fry, such as chopped potatoes, chicken nuggets, zucchini slices — into a slide-out basket. If you want, you can toss it in a light coating of oil.
The top of the unit holds a heating mechanism and a fan. The fan pushes heated air up to 400* F around the food. The circulating air cooks the outside of foods first, which creates a crispy brown coating and keeps the inside soft, just like deep-fried foods. As the food cooks, a container below the basket catch any grease that drops.
Air fryers create crispy, chewy food we love without all the oil.
This video displays that the heat generated in the bottom part of the appliance which is then moved across the complete area with the help of the fan at the top.
How is air frying different from baking in an oven?
Conventional ovens work by producing heat from an element (either gas or electric). After the cooking process is complete, the oven cools down by releasing the hot air. Also, the time is sped up by the use of a fan— similar to the process of the one in an air fryer.
On the other hand, air fryers use rapid air technology to create heat instead of an element. That helps them heat up much more quickly than an oven (not to mention that they’re much, much smaller, too). That small size helps them circulate the heat more evenly, crisping up your food without hot spots.
How is air frying different from deep frying?
A regular deep fryer uses a large amount of oil and cooks by transferring heat through oil to the food. Whereas, an air fryer uses a few drops to no oil and cooks by transferring heat through air.
As a result of cooking in the air fryer, your food is crispy and crunchy outside and tender inside, just like the food cooked in a deep fryer. However, the food cooked in an air fryer might be healthier than the food cooked in a deep fryer.
Which method is healthier?
Here’s the real question: Is the air fryer healthier than baking food in the oven or the deep fryer? With the air fryer, you don’t need to use any oil at all. That’s because the unit heats up so it’s hot enough to crisp your food without any added oil. I can’t say that I’ve ever been able to achieve that in an oven (even a convection oven).
This being said, if little to no oil is being added to the dishes you’re making in the air fryer, those dishes are just as healthy as if you would have baked them. The nutritional aspect of the food isn’t changing, just the methodology. So now air fry to your heart’s content!
Benefits of an Air Fryer!
- Firstly, using an air fryer is very easy.
- Secondly, you can get deep-fried like food without oil.
- Thirdly, Cleaning an air fryer is a very simple process.
- Moreover, Using an Air Fryer can help cut the fat content.
- With an air fryer, you can subsequently cook faster.
- An Air Fryer may be healthier than deep frying.
- Subsequently, Cutting down on deep-fried foods reduces disease risk.
Power Consumption of an Air fryer
One factor to decide the efficiency of any electronic device is its power consumption. Similarly, it is the same for this appliance also. Most of the air fryers present in the Indian market have the power consumption range from 1200 Watts to 2100 Watts. Higher wattage indicates a faster cooking process by generating heat faster than the appliances with lower wattage.
Air fryers with lower wattage can reach up to a maximum temperature of 300* to 350* Fahrenheit. While the ones with higher wattage can reach temperatures of up to 400* Fahrenheit. Generally, air fryers with higher wattage are considered to be more energy-efficient as the cooking process is faster in these appliances.
How to clean an air fryer?
When compared to a traditional deep fryer or a microwave oven, an air fryer is a much cleaner and less messy appliance. Ordinarily, you will not get any greasy pots or baskets or pans after the cooking process. Generally, the cooking basket is enclosed and any oil spattering will be collected in the oil pan below. However, this doesn’t mean that you can avoid cleaning.
Here we have devised a simple and easy process for cleaning any Air fryer. Please follow the steps below,
- First, Unplug the appliance and let it cool completely.
- Wipe the exteriors of the appliance with a slightly wet cloth.
- Remove the basket out and wash the pan with hot water & dishwashing soap. Also, some parts are dishwasher safe so you can wash them in a dishwasher as well.
- Now, use a slightly wet cloth to clean the interiors of the appliance. Keep in mind to be very careful while you clean the interiors.
- If you find any food stuck to the heating element, please use a brush to clean and remove it easily and without damaging the appliance.
- Furthermore, before you place back all the removable parts make sure you let them dry completely.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What can you cook and what you can’t cook in it?
This appliance does a great job of cooking frozen foods that are meant to be deep-fried. Such as french fries, chicken wings and mozzarella sticks. You can also grill vegetables such as peppers, corncobs, zucchini.
However, please note that you can not cook vegetables such as carrots, beans, and broccoli as they require steam to be cooked. In fact, you can not cook anything with a liquid batter (unless you freeze it first). Also, you can’t make anything in large quantities, so if you’re feeding a large group or family, you might have to cook in batches.
Which Oil is best to use in an Air fryer?
As an Air Fryer uses very limited oil, most cooking oils can be used to add taste to the food prepared. Pat your food with a little oil before you place it inside the appliance to make the food crispy/crunchy and also enhances the taste. Furthermore, applying a little bit of oil ensures that the food doesn’t get stuck with each other or the interior of the appliance.
For the best results, you can use Olive oil, Sunflower oil, groundnut oil, grapeseed oil, or avocado oil as per your wish and taste.
Is preheating the Air fryer required?
Preheating is generally not required but it can be helpful while cooking any frozen food. You can also preheat the fryer if you want to cook the food faster. Usually preheating the fryer for 3 to 4 minutes is sufficient.
How should I select the temperature for any new or my own recipes?
The temperature you need depends very much on the kind of flame you would use to cook the same food on a stove. You can use temperatures between 130 and 140 for lower flame, temperature between 160 and 170 for medium flame, while you can use any temperatures from 200* and above for higher flames. Higher flames are usually used for tandoori and grilling.
Is it safe to add any ingredients while the appliance is operating?
Yes, you can easily remove the basket to add any ingredients or just to shake the food so that it does not stick to each other. However, If you are using the appliance to grill any food, you might be required to shake the basket so that the flavor is spread evenly and the food is cooked perfectly.
How much time does an air fryer take to cook frozen food?
Cooking frozen food usually takes a little more time. We suggest you preheat the fryer for faster cooking process. For veggies and similar food items, you can preheat for 4 minutes, while for meat and similar food items, you can preheat the air fryer between 6 and 7 minutes.
How can I avoid the food from sticking to the interiors of my air fryer?
In order to avoid the food from sticking in the interiors of your appliance, you can season the interiors once in a while. Also, as a regular practice you can lightly rub the interiors with any cooking oil before or after the food is prepared. This helps immensely in avoiding the food from sticking inside the Air fryer.
Is air fryer a good choice for cooking Indian dishes?
Yes. An air fryer is perfect for Indian dishes like pakoda, fry chicken, fry vegetables, and much more. You can also cook many other Indian dishes while keeping them healthy also.
How to cook perfectly crispy food?
To cook crispy food, you should use Oven-ready food items are considered ideal. You would need to preheat the fryer and use small quantities of the food item so they are evenly cooked to perfection. You can also pat the food with a little oil before placing them in the fryer and remember to cook at 200* for the best results.
How do I cool the Air fryer?
Generally, An Air fryer cools down automatically and doesn’t need any specific care in this aspect. However, If you are in a hurry you can should turn off the appliance, remove the basket/pan and once it has reached a little lower temperature you can place it under the cold tap water. This will cool off the pan/basket rapidly.
Can I shake the food while the appliance is cooking?
Some air fryers have a feature where the food is automatically shaken so that the food cooks evenly. However, you can also remove the basket to shake the food and place it back.
Can I marinate the food in maida or cornflour to make it cook better or tastier?
Yes. You can marinate the food in maida or corn flour to cook, but we would suggest you to brush the food with a little oil so it is cooked better. However, without the flour or maida, you can still cook the food perfectly.