We are in the age of automation and technology and it is time for us to optimally utilize the newest creations. It would be the perfect time for us to move on to more energy-efficient and environment friendly appliances for our kitchen and homes. The latest Kitchen appliance we know is is the “Instant Pot”.
An Instant pot is an all-in-one next-generation pressure cooker that is now one of the bestselling kitchen appliances in the world.
Instant Pot is steadily becoming an essential part of every kitchen today.
However, the question here is not if you require this appliance or not but which one fits your requirements.
In this buying guide, we will try to answer all the questions related to the concept of Instant Pot. Along with answering important questions, we will also review the best offerings in the market for you.
Instant Pot – Buying guide
When considering an Instant Pot purchase, it’s crucial to keep in mind that there are many Instant Pots. The requirements of an Indian household can vary, from small families and bachelors accommodating 3-4 people to large families accommodating 6-8 people.
Accordingly, one size fits all concept does not work for this appliance. Which also makes the capacity of an Instant pot a very important aspect while buying it.
In this detailed buyers’ guide, we have tried to answer any query that a buyer could have along with reviews for the best products available in the market in this category.
What is an Instant pot?
The Instant Pot is an automated cooking appliance that caters to almost every cooking requirement of our homes. It is a multi-cooking machine that lets you cook fast or slow.
The best aspect of the appliance is that it eliminates the guesswork we do regarding the ideal amount of heat, pressure, and time required for your cooking.
The automated apparatus adjusts these parameters depending on your recipe. The selling points for this amazing gizmo are “fast,” “automatic” and “flavorful.”
How is an Instant pot different from the pressure cooker?
An Instant pot can be considered as an upgraded version of the pressure cooker. Though these two appliances are quite similar, the Instant pot can perform a lot more than your regular pressure cooker.
The major differences between these two appliances come down to usability, technology, control, and safety. Some important differences are;
- The most noticeable difference is that the Instant pot is an electronic device while the old Pressure cooker is a non-electric Appliance
- The second major difference is the functionality; while the Instant pot can be used for Yogurt making and as a browning pan the Pressure cooker can not perform such functions.
- The next difference is that the pressure cooker can come in extra-large sizes whereas an Instant pot has not yet come in extra-large sizes.
- Talking about the technological differences, While the Instant pot has features where at the press of a button you can cook tasty meals, and with the pressure cooker, you do not have any specific functions as such.
Basically, an Instant pot is a multi-purpose pressure cooker, which can perform tasks of multiple appliances. It can be used as a rice cooker, a steamer, a yogurt maker, a sauté pan, a slow cooker, and a warmer apart from a pressure cooker.
With this appliance, at the push of a button, you can now cook soup, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts, and much more at the rate of up to six times faster than a standard method of cooking.
However, When it comes to choosing an Instant pot over a pressure cooker, It is all about preference.
Instant pot – Size, series/models and accessories available
Instant Pot is one of the most popular appliances available in the market today. It consists of a variety of sizes and models that feature different characteristics.
An Instant Pot offers three sizes: 3, 6, and 8-quart. However, also keep in mind that not every model comes in all sizes.
The 3-quart is available for the LUX, DUO, DUO Plus, and Ultra Series. This mini appliance is perfect for families of 2 to 3 people.
The 6-quart, which is the most popular size and comes in every model. This means you can get a 6-quart LUX, DUO, DUO Plus, Smart Bluetooth, Viva (colored versions of DUO), Nova Plus, Ultra, and Max.
Large families can select the 8-quart model. This large-sized appliance is also suitable for parties and small gatherings.
There was a 5-quart size earlier, but it has been discontinued.
While some of the models have different and unique features depending on their model type, almost all pots share some features and functions like; high-pressure cooking, sauté, slow cooker function, steaming, rice cooker, and stainless steel inner cooking pot.
These are the main models/series: Max, LUX, DUO, ULTRA, and SMART. There is also the DUO PLUS, which is an amped up version of the DUO models along with the Novo Plus, Vivo, and GEM models.
Once you get used to the functioning of these Instant Pots, you can switch over to the more advanced models like the Smart WiFi, Aura, and Aura Pro.
Each model was released one after the next with new design elements and features. None of the features have been retired or removed so you don’t have to worry when upgrading that you will lose any features or elements that you really love in your current model.
Now that you know the different models and sizes available in this product category, let us now have a look at the accessories that come with the appliance.
A ceramic non-stick inner pot is both PTFE and PFOA free. If you prefer a non-stick inner pot, this is a good option for your Instant Pot.
Also, as the Silicone Sealing Ring tends to absorb the food odor, many users like to use separate sealing rings for cooking Savory and Sweets. With 2 separate colors, you don’t have to worry about mixing them up again.
This steamer basket allows you to save time by cooking multiple foods separately at the same time.
Frequently asked questions – Instant pot
Here we answer some frequently asked questions about the Instant pot that might help you.
Some more frequently asked questions
Best instant pot India 2020
In the buying guide above we have discussed Instant pot in detail. Let us now look at some Instant pot available in the market which is perfect for you home.
1. Mealthy MultiPot 9-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker
This is one of the best selling Instant pot in the market today that comes with a 9-in-1 cooking function and 14 preset programs. This product has everything you need in one beautiful and convenient appliance.
With the stainless-steel steamer basket you can subsequently cook 2 dishes at the same time.
- In brief, the Mealthy Multipot can replace up to 9 kitchen appliances – pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, sauté pan, steamer, cake maker, egg maker, yogurt maker, and a warmer
- Namely, it comes with 3 Slow cook, and 3 sauté temperatures; Low, Normal, and High.
- Furthermore, the Delay Start allows you to have dinner ready when you are
- As a result of the LCD coupled with a bright display, you can simply exclude guesswork out of your daily pressure cooking.
- The 3-ply stainless steel Inner pot container results in even heat distribution
- The customizable preset remembers your last selection that makes it easy if you cook a particular dish frequently.
- LCD Panel with intuitive icons and progress indicators which leads to hassle-free understanding and easy accessibility.
- The Mobile app and website have a lot of instructional videos for a pro like an experience.
2. Instant Pot DUO60 7in1 Multi-Use Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot Duo is a smart Electric Pressure Cooker designed to be Safe, Convenient and Dependable. It speeds up cooking by 2-6 times using up to 70% less energy and above all, produces nutritious healthy food in a convenient and consistent fashion.
- The Built-in microprocessor monitors pressure, temperature, keeps time, adjusts heat intensity and duration to prepare healthy, tasty dishes.
- This Instant pot replaces 7 cooking devices: Pressure cooker, saute pan, steamer, slow cooker, rice cooker, food warmer and yogurt maker.
- The Smart Cooker can remember the way you cook and each program remembers your last customization.
- The keep-warm feature enables to keep the food warm after cooking it to avoid re-heating resulting loss of nutrition.
- The Smart Cooker remembers the way you cook, each program remembers your last customization.
- This Instant pot has an LCD screen to keep a track of the food being cooked making it a truly smart multi-use pressure cooker.
- As a result of UL and ULC certification, 10 safety mechanisms provide you with added assurance. It is designed to eliminate most common error.
- Above all, the 14 Smart Programs – Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté/Simmer, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Slow Cook, Keep Warm, Yogurt, Pasterization, and Pressure Cook ensure that you can cook your favorite dishes at the press of a button.
3. Preethi Touch EPC005 6-Liter Electric Pressure Cooker
This stylish model from Preethi is built with the latest nutri++ technology for healthier cooking and increased nutrient bioavailability in your Food.
It can also be used as a pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer, saute pan, and warmer.
- The built-in microprocessor sets and monitors the temperature, pressure, and time to prepare healthy and tasty dishes. Consequently, it ensures the same taste, nutrition, and aroma every single time.
- With the 15 pre-set Indian menus at the touch of a button you can cook these recipes at the push of a button – Rice, khichdi, veg biryani, dal, rajma, soup, idli, steam veg, cake, pav bhaji, gajar halwa, veg curry, chicken, meat and saute
- One amazing aspect of this product is that you can cook with both, the lid open and closed.
- With the delay time feature, you can now set the time when you exactly want to begin cooking – between 30 min and 8 hours.
- Its keep-warm feature helps in keeping the cooked food warm and fresh until it is used or poured out.
- There is absolutely no noise and steam leaks which is a common issue in the traditional aluminum pressure cooker.
- 9 Levels of higher safety in comparison to the aluminum pressure cooker and rice cooker.
- In addition to the warranty, avail a life-long free service at dedicated Preethi Customer Care Centers with Zero Labor and Zero Service Charges irrespective of warranty period.
4. Geek Robocook D5 Smart Electric Pressure Cooker with 11 in 1 Function
This model is an 11 in 1 multi cooker and virtually takes care of most of your cooking needs.
It can be a Pressure Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Rice-cooker, Soup Maker, Simmer, Slow cooker, Yogurt, Sous-Vide, Insulation Warmer, and a Food Canner.
- With the advanced PIC technology, cooking with digital timer controls and keep warm option needs little manual intervention.
- Nutrition+ ensures that the circumvent cooking process preserves rich nutritional quotient from pulses, grains, vegetables with cooking.
- The slow cook option allows you to cook between 30 mins and 9.5 hours
- The Big blue LCD clearly displays the cooking icons, pressure, mode, cooking progress, and the digital timer.
- The inner pot is made of high-grade aluminum and is coated with Teflon.
- Separate icons for Delay start, Pre-Heating, Pressurized, Keep Warm, and Progress Indicator lets you know the real-time status of the cooking progress.
- Cook as per your pressure choice of Low or High with mode options of Less/Normal/More.
- With a Push to open the lid button, it ensures 100% safety and child lock.
5. American Micronic Instamagic 12 in 1 Digital Pressure Cooker
Instamagic is a microprocessor controlled digital pressure cooker that produces nutritious and healthy food every time. This product has been tailored for Indian cooking.
The Instamagic can pressure cook, steam, saute, make soups, cook rice, and keep food warm.
- It comes together with 12 easy touch cooking programs – Rice, Biryani, Gajar Halwa, Soup, Meat, Chicken, Rajma, Dal, Bhaji, Idli, Cake, Keep warm.
- The SmartPot can cook meals in minutes & is up to 70% faster while retaining more flavor and nutrients in meals.
- This product has an external Digital display to see the progress of food being cooked making it a truly Smart Electric Pressure Cooker.
- The Keep warm feature enables you to keep the food warm after cooking to avoid re-heating resulting loss of nutrition
- With the Delay start time feature, cooking can be programmed to start at a later time.
- To offer a peace of mind to its customers, American Micronic ensures every product in addition to rigorous testing also has multiple safety measures in place.
- In addition to all the features, American Micronic mentions it on the product detail page that they are ready to solve the problem completely free of charge in case of a faulty product. Even If it is due to incorrect usage or abuse by the customer. Click here to check under the “Legal Disclaimer” section.
6. NutriBullet NutriCook Smart Electric Pressure Cooker Pot – NC-PRO6
This smart cooker designed in the USA has over 60 Million happy customers globally.
The Smart Pot replaces 9 cooking devices: Pressure cook, slow cook, sauté, steam, make soups, make yogurt, cook rice, cook eggs and warm, all in ONE electric appliance
- Easy and quick one-touch operation.
- The Precise temperature control system helps in automatically setting the temperature according to the food weight and category selected.
- The Smart Pot cooks meals fast and is up to 70% faster. Cooking in this pot ensures to retain the nutrients and flavor of the food.
- The Keep warm feature enables us to keep the food warm after cooking to avoid re-heating resulting in loss of nutrition.
- Delay start time feature helps this appliance cook even when you are not around. Hence, cooking can be pre-programmed to start at a later time.
- The external LCD Screen makes it easy to see the progress of cooking and makes it a truly Smart Electric Pressure Cooker.
- With the slow cooking feature, you can now cook Nutritious food eventually.
7. Redmond Electric Multi Pressure Cooker – RMC PM4506A
This hi-tech device from Redmond takes up less space in your kitchen and lets you cook any dishes preserving their useful properties.
This appliance can work as a pressure cooker and a multicooker. It can steam, stew, make soup, porridge, pulao, and biryani using the pressure cooker mode or it can bake meat in foil, fry food, and bake pastries using the multicooker mode. The whole process of cooking is automated. All you need to do is load ingredients, push the button, and relax.
- With the keep warm function, your food can be kept warm and ready to eat in the appliance for up to 8 hours.
- While the Reheat function can work up to 8 hours and the time delay function works up to 24 hours.
- It is easy to use while keeping all the nutrients and flavors intact.
- It is the perfect appliance to use for sterilization of small utensils along with baby bottles or pacifiers. This feature comes handy in the post corona world, where sterilization is a primary concern.
8. Wonderchef Nutri-Pot
Bring health, taste, and convenience in your daily cooking with this Nutri-pot. With a combination of 7 kitchen appliances in 1 and automation, this appliance is perfect.
It can function as a pressure cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, sauté, rice cooker, warmer and slow cooker.
- With the 18 preset functions, cooking is simpler than ever before.
- By using the optimum amount of water for cooking and the tight-fitting lid which traps the steam rising from the food and builds up pressure and temperature within the pot, retaining important nutrients within the food is easier than ever before.
- This Nutripot comes programmed with an embedded microprocessor that monitors pressure, temperature & time along with adjusting the heating intensity. It also Customizes pressure levels for different types of recipes.
- The 24-hour delay timer allows you to program when exactly to begin cooking.
- The automatic Keep Warm function keeps the food warm until you are ready to serve.
- The Inner pot is Hard-anodized. Anodized means that the inner pot is coated with a protective oxide layer. This extra coating makes the cookware non-stick, scratch-resistant, easy to clean, and completely safe to use.
9. Crock-Pot Express electric multi cooker – CSC051
Claiming to cook up to 70% faster than any other traditional pressure cooker, the Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker CSC051 is perfect for busy families and those who want cooked food on-demand and fast.
- Together with the 8 pre-set programs, you can cook soon.
- The automatic keep-warm feature means your dish is ready when you are.
- Optional manual function and delay timer give you full control over the cooking process.
- The non-stick removable bowl resists any stuck-on food. Therefore cleaning is made easy and hassle-free.
- With the Crockpot, you can subsequently pressure cook, slow cook, steam, and brown/sauté within one appliance.
- In addition to the safety feature, the airtight locking lid stays sealed under pressure. Hence safety is ensured.
We have here made discussed the best Instant pot in our market today. These machines will not only cook your food faster but will also retain the taste and nutrients.